Please get in touch by filling out this form. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Session 6: Conflict resolution: What should we consider when making decisions when there are conflicting interests?
- Different Backgrounds, Common Ground
- Conflict resolution: “What should we consider when making decisions when there are conflicting interests?”
- Different Backgrounds, Common Ground - Extremists v mainstream society
- To understand the causes of conflict and appreciate how human activity relies on the resolution of conflict through compromise and regulation. The ability to listen to others in an attempt to understand someone else’s perspective, compromise and patience are key to resolving conflict.
- To consider what decisions are being made when faced with conflicting interests
- To investigate effective methods of conflict resolution
- Students will evaluate real issues, considering actions that are likely to be effective
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of the geographical outcomes of this module through a formal assessment
- MV Geography Resource 6.1 Stakeholder roles.pdf
- MV Geography Resource 6.1 Stakeholder roles.pptx
- MV Geography Resource 6.2 Opinion spectrum.pptx
- MV Geography Resource 6.3 Dongria v Vedanta timeline.pdf
- MV geography Resource 6.4 Vedanta article TNC.pdf
- MV Geography Resource 6.5 Alternative solutions.pdf
- MV Geography Resource 6.6 Assessment Guide.docx
In this topic
To develop contextual knowledge of the location of globally significant places including their defining physical and human characteristics and how these provide a geographical context for understanding the actions of processes.