Please get in touch by filling out this form. We will contact you.
Session 4: Environmental issues facing agrarian societies
- Different Backgrounds, Common Ground
- Environmental issues facing agrarian societies
- Planet Earth is a finite resource and human actions and processes ultimately have consequences, some of which are irreversible.
- The ability to listen to others, understanding someone else’s perspective, compromise and patience are key to resolving conflict.
- To understand that industry is important for developing countries. The consequences of industrialisation can be categorised as economic, social and environmental.
- To understand the impact of human actions and processes.
- Students will be able to identify the impacts of mining in Odisha as economic, social or environmental
- Students will explore the impact of the changing landscape on the Adivasi people’s cultural, social and economic wellbeing
In this topic
Students will begin to understand how human and physical processes interact to influence and change landscapes, environments and the climate; and how human activity relies on effective functioning of natural systems.