Please get in touch by filling out this form. We will contact you.
Session 3: Conflicting interests and use of natural resources
- Conflicting interests and use of natural resources
- Understanding causes and impacts of the mining conflict in Odisha
- Different Backgrounds, Common Ground
- Poverty reduces choice, and conflict over resources often creates imbalance for both people and environment. ‘Never judge someone else until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes’.
- To understand the reasons why companies mine in regions like Odisha
- To understand that landscape is defined by physical and human geography and can change over time
- Students will find out why Odisha is geographically suitable for mining
- Students will explore the impact of mining in Odisha
- Students will examine this impact from the perspectives of different interested parties
In this topic
Students will begin to understand some of the processes that give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world, how these are interdependent and how they bring about spatial variation and change over time.