Session 2: Understanding the development issues that Odisha faces
- Different backgrounds, common ground
- Understanding the development issues that Odisha faces
Different backgrounds, common ground: We all want the same things! (To feel safe, live comfortably, to support ourselves and our families and protect our loved ones.) Where we live and our access to resources ultimately affect how we achieve these.
- To understand ways in which a country’s development can be measured
- To appreciate that with development comes change – not always perceived as positive
- Students will understand ways in which regions (eg countries) can be compared
- Students will identify key development factors for Odisha
- MV Geography Resource 2.1 Venn diagram slide.pptx
- MV Geography Resource 2.2.1 Orissa Development Indicators.pdf
- MV Geography Resource 2.2.2 GDP Odisha Sudan.jpg
- MV Geography Resource 2.2.3 Literacy rates Orissa.jpg
- MV Geography Resource 2.3 Sectors of industry information card.pdf
- MV Geography Resource 2.4 Odisha's industries slide.pptx
- MV Geography Resource 2.5.1 HDI worksheet.pdf
- MV Geography Resource 2.5.2 HDI worksheet extension.pdf
- MV Geography Resource 2.5.3 HDI Graph answer slide.pptx
- IWB with internet
In this topic
Analyse and interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
Communicate geographical information in a variety of ways, including through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing at length.