Session 1: Introduction and locating Odisha
- Introduction to Miriam Hyman and the “Miriam’s Vision” resource
- Locating India / Odisha on a map
“Miriam’s Vision: A Response to the 2005 London Bombings” is the Hyman family’s way of trying to help you to create a safer, more inclusive society in response to what happened to Miriam.
- To make links between Miriam, her story and the location of Odisha
- To locate India and Odisha on a map
- To learn about the developmental issues that India has
- Students will understand the wider purpose of their study with respect to the key message above
- Students will be able to locate Asia, India and Odisha
- Students will create a fact file about Odisha
- Interactive White Board
- World maps / globes
- Access to the internet and secondary resources about India
In this topic
In this session, students use maps to locate India within Asia and locate and find out about the region of Odisha using the activity and suggested resources.