Please get in touch by filling out this form. We will contact you.
Session 3: How do we make change in a democracy?
- How do we make change in a democracy?
- Exploring democratic process as a non-violent alternative for resolving conflict on personal, local, national and global levels
There are many “tools” to affect change in a democratic society. Change is never easy; no tool is perfect and all require patience and the ability to listen to others.
- Students will explore the different tools that are available to make change in a democratic society
- Students will consider the different ways in which these tools may be used
- Students will identify different ways of making change in a democracy
- Students will explore the advantages and disadvantages of different methods
- Students will develop skills that are needed to make effective change
- Post-it notes
- IWB (with internet – optional)
- MV Citizenship Resource 3.1 Making change.pptx
- MV Citizenship Resource 3.1 Making change.pdf
- MV Citizenship Resource 3.2 Tools of change images.pptx
- MV Citizenship Resource 3.2 Tools of change images.pdf
- MV Citizenship Resource 3.3 Tools of change sheet.docx
- MV Citizenship Resource 3.3 Tools of change sheet.pdf
In this topic
Students will consider the role of citizens in democratic government, the roles played by public institutions and voluntary groups in society, and the ways in which citizens work together to improve their communities.