Session 1: Introduction to Miriam Hyman and the “Miriam’s Vision” Business & Enterprise resource and purpose
- Introduction to Miriam Hyman and the “Miriam’s Vision” Business & Enterprise resource and purpose
- To raise awareness of the needs of others on a global level and to engage in altruistic activities to make a positive difference to the lives of others.
- The role of the charity
- To understand that some people rely on the altruistic acts of others to support them
- Students will understand the wider purpose of their study
- Students will understand the meaning of altruism and identify key qualities
In this topic
In this session, students will learn about the role played by the Miriam Hyman Memorial Trust, as a voluntary group in society, and about the ways in which students as citizens can work together to improve their communities; including the opportunity to participate in the fundraising event.
Links to the PSHE non statutory curriculum
- Preparing students for the challenges of adult life.
- Developing empathy and cooperation.